Children's Miracle Network Charity Poker Tournament

Join me for the 3rd annual Torch Relay 5kk walk in the Denver Tech Center to benefit Children's Hospital on Tuesday, October 18! To sign up and for more information visit http://www.torch-relay.org/.



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pampering the Chef

After the dinner, flowers and pedicure Chef J told me there was another surprise coming for Valentine's Day. I LOVE surprises and immediately my mind wandered....what magical vacation was he going to take me on. Could I pack for Europe in two days?? The reality was great too. He scheduled a couples massage for us on Sunday, our day off together. I should mention this was his FIRST EVER professional massage.

I talked him through all of the protocols of getting a massage...how the blanket "covers" correctly, why you need to drink lots of water after and so on. The massages were so amazing. Perfectly relaxing and stress relieving after such a busy week. Post massage was a different story. I was in a zen stage, calm and collected.  J was in his analyzing, can't stop brain from thinking of every little detail about the last hour of his life craziness stage. The questions continued for the next 10 minutes:
    "Do you think they do the same routine every time?"
    "Are they contract workers or do they work here?"
    "What kind of motions are they actually making with their hands?
He was even re-writing the informational form you fill out pre-massage:
    "They should really ask you how tall you are to make sure they can reach your whole back in one swift movement."

He swears this sort of behavior IS relaxing to him so I let him "relax." I guess this is why he makes a great Chef; always analyzing a situation, trying to understand every person involved, and most importantly how he can make the experience better. And I love him for that, just not after I just had a massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment