Children's Miracle Network Charity Poker Tournament

Join me for the 3rd annual Torch Relay 5kk walk in the Denver Tech Center to benefit Children's Hospital on Tuesday, October 18! To sign up and for more information visit http://www.torch-relay.org/.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

chef's wife fish tacos


The chef is at work tonight...what to make for dinner...hmmm. As I make my way through the aisles of Whole Foods promising that I will ONLY get items needed for dinner (this never stays true), it hits me! I will make my healthy, easy Fish Tacos! I think I could eat these every night as I love spicy food especially mexican.
I pick up some fresh alaskan cod, green chili tortillas, chipotle salsa, pico and a corn salsa. I am aiming for a 20 minute cook time to keep it simple. I season the cod with salt, pepper, chipotle cayenne pepper, garlic and onion and saute with oil. After a couple of minutes on each side, the cod starts to flake nicely and I break up the pieces as they fall naturally.

Now for my delicious, healthy sauce. It wouldn't be a meal (for me) without a healthy slathering of some sort of sauce. I'm saucy. I'll admit it.  I typically use chipotle salsa or chipotle peppers in the can (found in the mexican section). If you get the peppers just put about 1/3 of it in your food processor  to puree. Make sure you taste the salsa for the amount of spice you would like to have. Then mix the salsa with greek yogurt. I love Greek Gods honey yogurt, it adds a sweetness to the spice that balances the sauce great. Chill before serving. All that is left is assembly! I add cabbage, shredded cheese, pico or corn salsa...whatever I have around. Each time you make these can be a different rendition of an old favorite. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment